Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Gearing up for Mt. Tremblant... X2!

It's race week for Ironman Mt. Tremblant, which means I've got the time/energy for a quick blog update.  It's been an interesting couple of weeks since winning Challenge New Albany and I'm looking forward to jumping into the wonderful world of long course racing.

Coming off of the New Albany race, I've been dealing with bruised ribs that came with my little mishap in T2.  It's the first time I've had bruised ribs, but jeez they aren't fun.  Luckily, I've been able to continue training as planned with the exception of the swim.  I'm 'super tapered' in the water, but still know I've got decades of background to keep me at the front of the race early... 
Good Mental Check
 For those of you who know me well, you know that the IM distance is where I feel my greatest ability can be found.  As much as I'd like to be a sprinter, I just can't go fast.  Luckily, I don't slow down too much and that's the name of the game with long course racing.  My body has been responding well to the longer training and my numbers are looking good for a great race day performance.  Based on the rankings and pre-race coverage, I have a few things to prove.  Nothing like coming in with a chip on my shoulder!


This season has been a series of adjustments and curve balls starting with the cancellation of the Rev3 Series and Sidney's birth.  I wouldn't say it has been the way I planned, but I've managed to pull out a bit of success and take the changes in stride.  One more curve ball can't hurt, right?  Well, I learned yesterday that I'll be on the start line for 70.3 World Champs (again up at Mt. Tremblant) just 3 short weeks after the Ironman.  It may sound crazy, but I'm excited for the opportunity.  Last time I raced in a quick turnaround from a long distance race, I walked away with a pretty convincing win at Rev3 Half Full... Stay tuned to find out if I can pull out a repeat performance!





No comments:

Post a Comment