Friday, March 14, 2014

Training and Preparing

This is a quick update on life the past few weeks and months.  I've been training well and am starting to count the days until the start of the season.  However, there is the little matter of becoming a father that is also weighing on the mind slightly.  I'm sure it won't be life changing or anything, but I guess I'll find out.  Ashley is doing great and we are as prepared as we are going to get for little Sidney to break out of her current prison.  She's as active as her parents so I have a feeling we'll have our hands full.  Ivan doesn't know what's coming but we have comforted him by finding his long lost big brother.  If we weren't having a kid, we'd have another dog by now!

In the midst of what I've been calling Babygeddon,  I did make a quick detour to southern California for a great training trip to jump start my build up to race season.  It was nice to get outside and enjoy myself while putting in some solid aerobic work.  Now I'm back in Richmond and starting to put up some encouraging numbers on the track and on the bike.  It's still early, so I've got time to make sure all cylinders are firing before heading down to St. Anthony's for my first race.  I'm looking forward to getting back to the race that started my pro career!

More to come as the season gets closer, but my updates may be fewer and further between in the coming months.  Perhaps the next one will have a baby picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment